Wednesday, February 6, 2013

How to tame fuzzy flyaways


Do you suffer from the fuzzies? Do you get lots of fine flyaway hair creating that halo effect around your hair?
I do. Mine is a mix of new hair poking through, damaged hair from straightening irons and general humidity affected fuzziness from my curly hair. I usually notice it most when I go to the effort of straightening my hair, leave the house looking fab but in the hurried journey I arrive looking like I just fell out of bed.
So how do you tame flyaway hair?
I like to take a diversified approach and attack from all directions to defeat my wilful hair.
First – You have to target the source
  • Use a moisturising shampoo and conditioner that is right for your hair type. Usually dry or coarse hair will suffer more from flyaways, so consider adding a weekly hair treatment to nurture your hair into a softer shape. Use Japanese hair products.
Second – Protect from heat damage
  • Repeat after me – I will never ever use a straightener without heat protectant products! Please always use a product designed to protect your hair from heat damage when using irons and when blowdrying your hair too. Use SPICE NEO Serum Mist Curl Deco
Third – Smooth it into submission
  • Smooth your hair with a couple of drops of a gloss serum to smooth and add shine to your finished style.

No comments:

Post a Comment